04-25-2015, 11:19 AM   #40
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338FREAK View Post
I just have a 228 so I lack the cool logo however I have a xdrive badge on the back and that counts for somthing right? Haha
228 is bitchin car!

I know what you mean about "just" a 228 but remember, it's really cool car.

A contractor that saw my 1M came back to do some work and he had a young kid helping him. He had been telling the kid about my 1M and asked if I could show it to him. As we were walking toward the garage, I told him I had sold the 1M all I had now was "just" my old 2003 330i ZHP 6MT. I was feeling all bad for not having the 1M anymore to show and in all my feelings of self-pity, the kid was oggling my blue ZHP and blurted, out...I would take t his in a heartbeat!

It struck like a lightning bolt through my heart! I was that same young, super hard working kid with little money 20 years ago that never thought I would own a BMW, much less a ZHP or 1M. Really struck home and reminded me that we have to reality check ourselves!

So congrats on your 228i......bitchin' car....a dream car for me when I was 20 and you don't need no stinkin' 235i badge..it should have a temperature gauge there anyway!

: )
Appreciate 0