View Single Post
      09-03-2016, 02:49 AM   #63
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Well I really enjoyed the video as I'm in the long waiting period for an M2 (another 6 months at least) so am really excited to read or watch ANY new material, especially when it has a different slant, as this one does (I really can't bear to watch yet another of those numerous "drifting" videos). I'm also intrigued to see the comparison between the M240i and the M2 as I almost went for the M240i as I wanted a convertible. Like many I'm surprised to see the M240i is as quick, at least in a straight line, and suppose this is due to the B58 engine. However I can't help feeling the reason why BMW stuck with the N55 engine is because it continues to pull at the top end of the rev scale, unlike the B58. I know, from driving my Elise SC, that half the pleasure is revving right up to the limiter and feeling it pull hard all the way as the engine and exhaust noise scream away (note: the standard Elise exhaust is completely anaemic so I had one specially made which is really loud). Driving fun and sensation is more important to me than outright acceleration capability. By the way I'm wondering whether he had the standard or M-performance exhaust on that M2....
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 0