Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdown240
Quote:
Originally Posted by srleadjb View Post
Too bad the engine is only a part of the equation.
Too bad? Have you driven an M240? How do the rest of the components stack up? They are different cars. The fact that the new engine performs equally to the M2's isn't "too bad," it is an objective observation, and an interesting one at that. No one is threatening you and your precious M2 (surprise, you have one!) any more than it is a threat to me (I have an M240) that the M2 is a more performance oriented set-up. Defensive much?
Lol. Not defensive in the slightest. Many many cars are faster and better than the M2. My comment was only in response to your point that only had to do with straight line performance, And to that I would say again, that the engine is only a part of the equation.

The M240i is a great car for what it is and so is the M2 but for me the sum of speed alone does not equate to a car being "a beast." Not defensive but still my opinion.

And for what it's worth, I owned a modded M235i that was faster than my M2 so I do know both cars pretty well.

I didn't realize you owned an M240 so it was not an attempt to put you down just a response to what you said.
Appreciate 0