09-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #55
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by srleadjb View Post
M2 suspension is fixed. I think what he meant is that the M2 is stiffer all the time than the M240i is even in sport. If the M240i suspension is the same as the M235i then I can confirm even in sport its not that "sporty." Still pretty soft with lots of body roll. Somehow BMW found the perfect one size fits all setting on the M2.
Just sucks in the M2, that you can't put it in "comfort" mode, ever. That would be my biggest gripe as a daily driver and the reason to stay in the M2xx series car, for me. Throw a set of Dinan springs in an M2xx car, and I feel you'll lose a lot of the softness and body roll bringing it closer to a true "sporty" feel, and the appearance of a lower stance. All of course, without the need of full body coilovers. Combine those springs with the sport suspension setting and it'll be pretty tight IMO. I haven't installed mine yet as I'm really enjoying the stock suspension as the car is pretty new, still. But really looking forward to the springs and m3/4 control arms in the new year.

Pretty excited too, as a friend out of Kelowna is taking possession of his M2 soon and we will be able to do a seat swap on one of our mountain 'tours and I'll be able to see for myself the difference between these two cars. It's such a subjective topic, that I really try not to follow the general reviews or get in on the M2 vs. conversations as I've never driven one, lol.

D