View Single Post
      02-09-2016, 06:54 AM   #8
Sir Thomas Bombadil
Private
Rep
Drives: AW M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I think the extended maintenance plan might be worth it if you intend to keep taking your car to BMW for service after your warranty is up because their service is really expensive. Just add up all of the scheduled maintenance costs through the extended warranty period and compare it to the cost of the extended plan. Alternatively you could take your car to a reputable BMW accredited independent shop after the original warranty expires and probably save money.
Oh yeah, congrats on the new ride!
Thanks! I'll definitely be doing some more cost comparisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeam81 View Post
Sir Thomas congrats. I just ordered a similar build this past weekend. The difference being EBII and 8AT. The traffic is terrible in the DC area and I have a long commute. BTW, I'm also driving an Acura TL and planning on PCD.
Congrats. I really liked the EBII, but couldn't quite get the fiancé on board with that one. I really liked my TL - it's a great car - but after I test drove a 235, it's just been horrendously unsatisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redontheline View Post
Congrats!

My order for PCD went in late Thursday night. Still in status 112 with no confirmed production date, but your timeline makes me hopeful I will get my expected late April/early May delivery.

I also got a 6spd 235. Maybe I'll get bumped up and we can do a photoshoot.
I'm still in 112 as well, which is killing me. I know I shouldn't check the order status every day, but I just can't help myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Congrats. The wait is brutal dude. I ordered on 12/14/15. My PCD date is 3/9/16. I can't wait!

Speaking of waiting, you don't have to buy the extended warranty immediately. You can wait until your warranty is about to run out. That way you can decide if you're going to keep the car or not. If you decide not to keep it then you didn't waste money on the extended warranty. You can also shop around the price of the warranty with different dealers.
Congrats! You're getting real close. I bet the last month will be worse than those first few weeks.

My main concern with delaying the extended maintenance plan was BMW's decision to tweak how the maintenance works/what it covers. If I go ahead and buy it now, the extended maintenance will continue covering the brakes, clutch, etc., but I'm not sure if that will be the case if I try to extend it in ~2 years or so. Sounds like a topic that would be worth doing a bit of digging for information.

Last edited by Sir Thomas Bombadil; 02-09-2016 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0