View Single Post
      04-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #53
JustinCredibleM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 GT-R, '02 996TT

@Chunner: Do you know how the intakes work in these cars? If you think the stock "grill scoop" is removed then you are greatly misinformed. Let me paint you a visual picture:

The stock airbox gets the cold air from a scoop connected to the grill which connects to the bottom of the box. This scoop still exists with the aFe intake and shoots the "colder" air directly at the cone which has its own heat shield to protect from the engine heat. So yes, is cool air in the engine bay, especially when you are moving at speed. I doubt the extra horsepower gain is from a stationary car and more from the cone is able to collect more air for the turbo from the increased surface area and extra "space" which was before limited by the stock box. This is advantageous for higher boost as the turbo needs to collect more air and is shown to be limited by the stock box. If these didn't work, then there would be no dyno proof (for any intake) of it working on turbo vehicles.

Furthermore, why are you even posting up a video of POD filter testing on old cars versus a modern day BMW? How is that even relevant to this car and its intake? Just because the these filters don't work on some old 90s naturally-aspirated cars, they automatically do not work on modern day forced-induced vehicles? I hope you understand you're basically comparing an irrelevant video to relevant turbo BMW intake results shown under multiple forum posts (do a search). Using that video as a comparison is more "stupid" than installing an intake on the M235i.

T H A N K S !

Last edited by JustinCredibleM; 04-04-2014 at 05:22 AM..
Appreciate 0