View Single Post
      11-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHeinz View Post
.................................................. ........................................
Haven't had a chance to drive an Xdrive in the snow to compare to the S4 I used to own. The S4 always felt stable and confident in slippery/snowy conditions. I bought my M240 back in early February, but D.C. area really didn't get much more than a dusting after that, so I never got a chance to compare it yet.
For the 20+ years prior to buying the M235i xDrive ragtop, my wife and I always had 2 vehicles (a ragtop (camaro, firebird, Z4, 128i) for the spring thru fall and a SUV (Rav4's Subaru Forester, BMW X1) for the winter).
Then with the 2er going xDrive in 2015, we went down to 1 vehicle. During the past 2 winters in the M235xi, I have felt every bit as confident in the snow and foul weather as I ever did with any of the SUVs we owned in the past.
BTW, I only have the OEM RFT all-seasons on the M235xi and they work well enough for me in the winter (P.S. don't tell anyone else here about this last part or I'll get the "winter tire" speech).