Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
So, after flashing to Stage 1 93 I went back to Stage 1 91 lol. I found the 91 octane map to feel more aggressive. Just slightly, but enough for me to notice and miss it.
more aggressive? how so? what mode? perhaps the 93 octane map felt less aggressive because it was pulling timing due to subpar fuel? did you ever log it?
I'm using 93 octane. I originally thought that I was using 91. I really don't look at the pump beyond making sure that I pick premium.

It just felt like there was more power from 2,500 rpm and up. I didn't log it though. The 93 octane map still delivered over stock, but the delivery is almost too smooth whereas the 91 octane map has a noticeable bump in power. Someone on the F30 forum also noticed better performance with the 91 octane maps. I'll see if I can dig that up.

The logs look spaghetti to me. I can try to do some tests though. I'll find somewhere that I can do some proper logs and someone smarter than I am can compare them.
make sure you include the fuel octane and brand. safest bet is to use tier one suppliers like Mobil, shell, Sunoco, etc..

you're doing logs of both the 91 and 93 octane map right?