United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i MSport w/Trk Pkg

BMW Club M-Days are great value, but different than an HPDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombiowami View Post
Many thanks for all the responses! Just what I was looking for, I am checking out the BMW club chapter classes next year.

Did you guys who took the BMW class, did you do the one or two day? And if you took the one day did you end up wishing you had done the 2 day course?

Tommy
I think you're asking about the Performance Driving School, and I haven't been to one of those events. If you go with your local BMW club to VIR or Charlotte, it's likely going to be a two-day event. If you find that you have a choice between one day or two days, I'd recommend two days. The reason is that running successive days increases your skill set much faster, especially in the beginning.

Please let us know what event you end up doing, and what you thought of it!
If you join the Tarheel BMW Chapter you will have access to a special M-School at the Performance Center. They are one day classes for about $750 which is 8 activities. Rat races, auto-x, handling course, skid-pad, etc.
- My understanding this is about 70% of the 2-day class.
- All the cars are M Cars. M2, M3, M4, M5s
- They put two drivers, all fellow BMW Club members from TarHeel or National Chapter in the car. Which is how they keep the cost down.

This is a much different experience than driving your own car on a track at speed. But it is a hoot! I have done it twice. I also did 6 days at VIR with my 228i this year. I am very glad I did both.
Appreciate 0