View Single Post
      11-15-2015, 11:41 AM   #213
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennok View Post
Can someone tell me if the 328i with Xdrive compared to the 328i will give me an accurate view of what driving the M235i Xdrive vs M235i will be like? I realize the 328 will have a slight ride height difference, but I am thinking more of how the car handles with and without Xdrive.

Xdrive is tough to come by in my area but some of the dealers have various 328i models used with Xdrive. There are zero M235i Xdrive models anywhere near me. There is a 228i Xdrive used which would be more accurate of a comparison but that is over a hour away compared to 10 minutes for the 328i Xdrive.
Unfortunately the 328i and M235 are substantially different cars.

I would say in normal driving most drivers will not notice any difference in the handling between a 235 with and without Xdrive. I had the opportunity to drive them back to back very aggressively on three different occasions. if you push the car really hard (I would define this as driving at 90% or more) you can feel the additional weight, but I would also say the difference is rather slight, and certainly not dramatic. Again, the X drive equipped car will have more of a tendency to understeer, but not drastically so. I would say that plenty of drivers won't even notice the difference.
Appreciate 0