Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
IEDEI saying 'my car may be slower than yours but at least it handles well' is a lame excuse for a slower car. The so called HP wars you talk of got us to where we are today, if it wasn't for manufactures continually trying to out perform each other we'd all be driving around in 50 HP jalopies.

All things being equal, that the M2, RS3, R400 and CLA / A 45 all handle beautifully, would you want the best / most potent engine as well, of course you would.
Honestly i'm not someone who values HP as much as other attributes (driveability, handling, braking, overall feel). I have 320hp in my current car and honestly feel that i'm not even able to use all of it most of the time. Do i enjoy the power? SURE...do i wish i had 450hp? no.

Older cars may have had significantly less power, but that guy you pass in the 1960s Alfa Romeo Coupe is going to be having waaaay more fun with his 110hp than you will be having in your 400hp electronic machine....that's for damn sure.

Ultimately driving enjoyment is what you want out of it. If power gets you off....then by all means you should look into muscle cars and those crazy 500+hp Camaros and Vettes. If you enjoy the balance and feel of the car....you don't need high-HP figures to find that enjoyment, IMO.
Appreciate 0