View Single Post
      09-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #120
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

As someone who owned a M235i for over 2 years before picking up a M2, for me adding all the power in the world to the M235i or now M240i wouldn't make any difference to me. I absolutely loved those 2+ years with my M235i, but its the feel of the car's steering, handling, and feedback that the F22 platform will never be able to come close to vs the F87.

Yes the M2 does ride a bit firmer, but even with my back full of rods and screws, the ride quality of the M2 is perfectly acceptable and nowhere near as harsh or noisy as I was expecting it to be.

One other thing that BMW REALLY improved is the cooling on the M2 and that I'm not sure is something you would be able to easily upgrade a F22 to. I just swapped in my old P3 VIDI into the M2, and for the same kind of driving where my M235i would get the oil up to about 244 F, the M2 is only peaking at 205 F, thats 40 degrees cooler which if taken to the track would readily become apparent.

Also another strange thing with the M2 is that my insurance actually went down $10 a month while also upping my coverage, how that happened I have no idea, but I'm not going to complain.
Appreciate 0