MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Taking quite a while to get production number

Hey folks!

I put down a deposit and placed an order for a custom build M240i on the 22nd of January with a dealer that said they had an open January allotment.

From looking at other postings ( http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1181156 ) I should have gotten the order number almost immediately:

Quote:
place your order, put down your deposit (if required), and ask for your production order number. (if your dealership had an allocation) This is a 7 digit number that ties you to the allocation. You should receive this production number within a few hours or within the next day at the latest.
After a couple of weeks went by, I emailed them with my concern and was told:

Quote:
You don’t have chassis yet there are only 4 available on the west cost right now. We have been promised a chassis on Monday and accelerated build time. Everyone is kinda in the same boat right now. It has to do with factory build schedule. I think we are still okay. I will keep you updated.
This happens a lot around this time of year.
Now, I'm not horribly familiar with how this all works, but I do know The Germans and I can't imagine that BMW would give a dealership an allocation that they couldn't fulfill unless there were extreme extenuating circumstances.

Has anyone else done a custom order and had it take this long to get the production number? I'm starting to get worried here that they didn't actually have a January allotment and were waiting for a February (Monday was the first of Feb) one and didn't get one.
Appreciate 0