01-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #28
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
In anticipation of ordering the 235i as my next car sometime soon, I drove an F30 today, here are my 2 cents.

Car I drove was the 2013 F30 335i Auto, XDrive, Loaded, and I was looking at some details pretty closely on it, and transcribing them to what I thought the M235i might be like.

1. Power: Everyone already knows the N55 motor, so it is nothing new. The 335 XDrive was definitely a dog, with the extra weight, larger size, and xdrive system bogging it down. Also was the 300Hp version. In summary, I think the 320 Hp tuned version, smaller car, and rwd, especially with a MT, or even auto, will be FUN!!!
2. Electric power steering: Is what it is. Don't expect the steering feel of an E82 or E46, it simply isn't there. That being said, I do expect it to be a little more agressive than the F30 for a couple reasons, The 3 is expected to be more luxurious and less of a driver's car, and no xdrive. So, while it wasnt the most welcomed thing ever, It really wasn't the absolute end of the world. Drove in comfort, sport, and sport +
3. Exterior styling AMAZING
4. Interior styling: AMAZING
5. Interior quality: I expect the 2 to have very similar plastics to the F30, and the quality of the dash and doors was MUCH better than my 135i with the very hard plasticky junk. I definitely think this is going to be a home run car. I felt on the dash, not as soft as an e46 dash, but still nice and with some give to it, definitely not hard like the 1 series, and the doors by where the window meets the panel, same amount of give, very nice, and then the leather area on the door, very very plush. I was MUCH happier with the interior quality on the F30 vs the outgoing e9x/e82 generations. Worst interiors in bmw history, bar none.
6. Overall, I predict this to be a really, really awesome car, that outperforms the 1M, and is pretty much the best car bmw makes now. An m2 will be god-like.
Regarding the interior of the 2 Series, we had a BMW rep bring the M235 by the dealership for us to look at and the interior is nearly the same as the F3x. The car looks great in person as well. Unfortunately we weren't able to drive it
Appreciate 0