View Single Post
      01-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #25
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

In anticipation of ordering the 235i as my next car sometime soon, I drove an F30 today, here are my 2 cents.

Car I drove was the 2013 F30 335i Auto, XDrive, Loaded, and I was looking at some details pretty closely on it, and transcribing them to what I thought the M235i might be like.

1. Power: Everyone already knows the N55 motor, so it is nothing new. The 335 XDrive was definitely a dog, with the extra weight, larger size, and xdrive system bogging it down. Also was the 300Hp version. In summary, I think the 320 Hp tuned version, smaller car, and rwd, especially with a MT, or even auto, will be FUN!!!
2. Electric power steering: Is what it is. Don't expect the steering feel of an E82 or E46, it simply isn't there. That being said, I do expect it to be a little more agressive than the F30 for a couple reasons, The 3 is expected to be more luxurious and less of a driver's car, and no xdrive. So, while it wasnt the most welcomed thing ever, It really wasn't the absolute end of the world. Drove in comfort, sport, and sport +.
3. Exterior styling AMAZING
4. Interior styling: AMAZING
5. Interior quality: I expect the 2 to have very similar plastics to the F30, and the quality of the dash and doors was MUCH better than my 135i with the very hard plasticky junk. I definitely think this is going to be a home run car. I felt on the dash, not as soft as an e46 dash, but still nice and with some give to it, definitely not hard like the 1 series, and the doors by where the window meets the panel, same amount of give, very nice, and then the leather area on the door, very very plush. I was MUCH happier with the interior quality on the F30 vs the outgoing e9x/e82 generations. Worst interiors in bmw history, bar none.
6. Overall, I predict this to be a really, really awesome car, that outperforms the 1M, and is pretty much the best car bmw makes now. An m2 will be god-like.