09-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #62
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
The 2 has slightly smaller dimensions than the STi. And while I love to compare the 2 to every other car out there, the simple truth is that the STi is a low budget rocket that compromises less in terms of performance than the 2 series. It is a car aimed directly at driving enthusiasts who are paying for performance. BMW drivers obviously spend enough to get performance, but pay more for something else. As has usually been the case, if you want a less compromised car, you have to step up to a real M. While the M2 will severely price out many STi owners, the performance will be a step up as well.
Sounds like you're saying narrow wheels on the M235i are a compromise... but for what? What are we getting in return? In your own words, BMW drivers obviously spend enough to get performance. If BMW had put wider wheels on the car, we would not be compromising anything for the increased performance.

Only allowing true M cars to have wider wheels is contrived.

That's what I meant by "skimping out."
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0