View Single Post
      11-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #16
Northwest240
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

We ran into that exact situation when we picked up our M240i and wanted to set up the home location. Our address starts with a 2, but the handwriting recognition kept converting it to a letter.

We finally figured out why. The field wanted a street, not a number, so anything you wrote, numerically, wouldn't have worked. So we wrote in our street name. Then, it asked for the number after entering the street. Using a finger for 2 worked just fine. I'm guessing that there are no streets in our area that start with a 2, since I would think 2nd Ave. or something like that would be a valid street name. We did have to go backwards, selecting our town first, then street, then number.

So what I'm thinking is that you ran into a context-sensitive screen where the on-board computer was expecting a letter and a number wouldn't have made sense to it. For humans, it makes sense to type in our numerical address first, but the computer wanted something else.

Nice job on your videos! I saw them when researching the 2-series before purchasing.

Last edited by Northwest240; 11-16-2017 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 1