10-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #241
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazzo View Post
You want to see it when it actually happens, but criticize it as wishful thinking and "little to make it different" before you have all the specs/details? You're entitled to you opinion and seem happy with your 1M. Good deal. No defender there...

I think it looks great and hopefully Alumac is spot on that it has full M development and we'll see a great little coupe.
With the front facia and rear I think it makes the 1M look dated also, and hopefully we'll see used 1M we can buy at a discount to track!!
Well, at least I agree that used prices of 1Ms were/are exaggerated a bit. I like it for sure but yes it was not fair second hand market. Couldn't care less anyway since I have zero interest in getting rid of it...maybe for a Alfa 4C if they offer it with a stick in near future.

There will be practically nobody selling their 1Ms because of this car, or new 2 series in general; maybe because of a interesting M2 if that happens, yes then. So, who wants to see 1M prices drop might still wait.

If you think there is anything outdated about the looks of 1M that is because you are not driving one every day on public roads. It is fresh and when newer cars like 2 series and M4 continue to use design themes which were introduced by 1M it will simply continue to remain fresh long time and attract people's attention whereever you go. It is the benchmark M car, a prototype study of the M division in limited numbers for a new generation of M (and obviously M Perf.) cars, and untill this thread I thought that was more than obvious already.

What they should inherit from 1M was nothing but its boldness and simplicity, I just don't see that happening with this M235i, not yet at least. For now, I see a crowd pleaser.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 10-22-2013 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0