View Single Post
      10-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #19
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
This is total crap! He will be fine on All Weather Tires!! I spent years driving in the Cascades in AWD vehicles on All Weather tires and never had and issue and we got 400 inches of snow a year, in the MOUNTAINS. Really gets old how people get on here and try to coax people into not getting AWD or into buying Winter Tires for an AWD vehicle. If you buy AWD you do not need two sets of tires, All Weathers will work just fine!
What really gets old is how its been proven so many times that Winter tires are far better/safer in winter than A/S and people don't believe it. I wouldnt even run A/S on my car in the summer. Why would I? Guys like you don't and will never get it. AWD will not help you stop. THATS what matters. There are endless videos etc on line. A/S vs winters from 40 mph........Winters stop about 4 car lengths shorter. OP is talking about mostly highway driving? That would be way worse than only city because you are going so much faster. Its about temperature as much as anything. Its a safety issue. "I'll be fine". That s great.

Last edited by 335BOY; 10-30-2014 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0