View Single Post
      12-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #98
glangford
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive35i View Post
It seems like you guys get paid by the word to complain about things that will never affect you! Is someone bleeding? Are you dying?

Unless you were strapped to the underbody of this car for bump-stop testing during the development stages, you have no business spending this much energy focusing on nonessential bullshit. You are not going to get a formal apology from BMW for developing this car. I don't think I've ever seen so much entitlement in one space! I get that this is a forum but you guys aren't even offering constructive criticism! If there's even a modicum of a chance that BMW executives read this forum, you guys have managed to waste it. Why don't you wait and see how BMW tries to market this product? Or better yet, why don't you wait till you have a chance to drive it? If you're going to feel this strongly about something, you better be prepared to find out you were wrong.

As for me, I probably wouldn't buy this car, but I'd be happy to see it on the road. This isn't about making the brand more financially accessible like the CLA. This is about appealing to a wider range of buyers with discerning tastes. I, for one, can't wait to see how this car looks in person. This seems like a premium product. BMW is trying to reintroduce the luxury compact...Audi's A3 e-tron sportback is coming, and maybe we'll see the B-class from Mercedes in a couple of years. There's a market for this type of vehicle, I know it.
I agree, but I'm used to the same type criticisms when I had a Mini and was on that forum. When the R56 came out, you would have thought it was the end of the free world, even though the last year of R50/53 was somewhat stagnant. Heaven forbid when the Clubman and then the Countryman came out, it was the Apocolypse, regardless of the fact they sold a bunch of Countrymans.

I like the design, and given some of their competition in the small crossover/suv market, it's a reasonable development to pursue. Mazda may come over to the US with a diesel CX-5. The CX-5 gets good reviews for handling and driver feedback, in fact the reviews are very un crossover like.
With the coming GLA from Mercedes (A CLA based crossover/SUV), they should pursue it. FWD cars can be fun to drive, I know I had one, a Mini. BMW, please, drop the N47 in it and I'm sold. I want a small crossover/SUV in diesel for my wife.

As far as the number. Get over it. A number doesn't dilute your car. If you have a 235, it's still a bad ass car, regarless of what number someone puts on another car.
Appreciate 0