View Single Post
      01-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #18
thomps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4501 View Post
My 335 is BSM. The color is beautiful after a detail, but I've never had a harder color to maintain in all the cars I've owned (including 2 other black cars). It shows swirls and dirt real bad, and I wouldn't ever order it again. I live in the Midwest, so I'm also constantly dealing with salt, snow and ice. The 235 I have on order is MG, and I choose that over EB.

I guess it really depends on how much you enjoy dealing with car washes, waxes and paint maintenance.
While I probably won't drive it all winter long, mine will be a Midwest car as well.

I'm not big on maintenance. I will do it to keep the car in shape, but I don't find it particularly relaxing unless I find myself on a Saturday with virtually nothing else to do. I'm also coming over from a black Jeep Grand Cherokee with a virtually indestructible paint job, so the change would be even more jarring. Obviously I plan on caring a lot more for the 235 than my current car, as the 235 will be a long-awaited return to something resembling an enthusiast's car; but I don't want to make this harder on myself than it needs to be.

Thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0