webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt View Post
Did you redeem BA avios points or AA miles? If the latter, you could fly through DOH to MUC on QR given that you have enough vacation days. It takes a bit longer than routing through LHR and QR doesn't have F class on these routes, but the out-of-pocket money is substantially less and QR has a nice J class. As nice as BA F, it's not LH in-flight bed or EK shower LOL. I'd never pay such high fees to fly BA.
I'm using AA Miles. According to the reservation system for the dates I am going going BA is the only option offered by AA for a Munich arrival. I checked Frankfurt as well and ended up going with Zurich because there were "SAAver" awards available to Zurich that weren't there for the other options. So I'll stay in Zurich a day or two after arrival and take a train to Munich. The main problem is because I am going at peak tourist time so there's just not much available.