View Single Post
      07-21-2017, 04:50 PM   #67
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Actually, I think they do this all the time. The dealer thinks, "This customer needs to buy a model and specification out of my existing inventory."
As a former business owner and general manager, I can easily envision customers getting steered towards a particular model or models on the lot. I can't say for certain, but I imagine dealers "floor" most or all of their inventory through credit companies. In other words, the dealer most likely does not own his inventory - it sits on his lot on credit. And that credit line has time limits on each car or each fleet order. It is also possible (or likely) that when the dealer placed his car order, the factory gave him some "free" flooring time: something in the order of 90 days; 180 days; perhaps a year. During that time, the dealer pays no interest to his flooring company (credit company). So, you can imagine what is on the dealers mind when some of his inventory is getting "old" and the no "interest payment time period" is about to expire on certain vehicles.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0