Racer20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 228i THP, E46 ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourFace View Post
I love the look of the car.

Nice review from somebody that understands how to convey what I am looking for in a description.

I am somewhat disheartened by the adaptive suspension being the only one available. Where does that leave the car for making changes? If I understand correctly, the swaybars adjust as you drive, so fitting bigger sway bars wouldn't be possible, right?

A 228i M sport, with the 'fixed' suspension, lighter weight, and shorter gear ratios may really be the enthusiast car, esp if the lsd fits (it should, same size carrier). Toss in a quality set of coilovers, mild tune and call it good.

Or I am completely off and the stock m235i is just that good out of the box

Bring the M2! Good time to be a bmw fan.
The shocks and struts adjust, NOT the sway bars. Adaptive suspensions these days are pretty good, and should outperform standard suspensions for most attributes.

Read my post HERE for more info on how they work.

Long story short, you can replace the adaptive suspension dampers with coil-overs and make whatever modifications you want to the car just like normal. But if you want KEEP the adaptive function, you're better off leaving the whole system stock, as changes to other parts in the system can confuse the suspension ECU. Kind of like making major engine mods without a tune, except at the moment, there's no "tune" for adaptive suspensions (except Dinan's shockware for the F10).
Appreciate 0