View Single Post
      04-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #23
ecaedus
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Model 3 LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Agreed, BMW could clean up from a driving dynamics standpoint in this market if they got a rwd car to market against a bunch of fwd based cars. I really don't understand how BMW let things get this far behind. Honestly, I'd be worried that Subaru/Toyota figure out how to make an FR-S/BRZ sedan, which could really stand out in this market.

The E63 is a regular, rwd based 4Matic setup, so it's going to be much more aggressive than the CLA45.
if the S3 employs a AWD system that's similar to the S4, then it'll really shine, especially with the optional mech LSD that's being offered on the S4/5.

the base A4 comes in fwd flavor right? that didn't stop the S4 from becoming a very capable handling car.

but i'm pretty sure the 228i will be miles better at least in performance aspect compared to A3 and CLA250, as those are only available in fwd. however since these cars(in base form) are gonna be marketed more towards ppl new to the brand, who are not going to care much about fwd vs rwd, the sales of 2 series definitely be under pressure.
Appreciate 0