View Single Post
      04-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #39
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3ccable View Post
I concur, hyperzulu. I test drove many vehicles in the latter months of last year; including the M235i, until I ultimately decided on the S3. If my main focal point had been aesthetics then I would have unquestionably chose the BMW over Audi. Certainly, BMW did incorporate some odd angles with the exterior design, but the ergonomics and design of the cabin, in my opinion, are superior to that of the S3. The Spartan styling concept Audi has used with the A/S3 platform is sub-standard from their usual pedigree of stellar interiors. The only reason I purchased the S3 over the M235i was because of the Quattro AWD system. I've always driven RWD vehicles but given the increasingly bad winters southwestern PA has had recently, I decided to make the switch to what I thought was a top-notch AWD system. I thought I had done my due diligence but you never can tell if you're going to be pleased with your decision until you've experienced it over the course of time. And, I have been anything but pleased with the S3 and it's Quattro system. In hindsight, I wish I would have chosen the M235i. I've certainly learned a valuable lesson in that I should not choose a product solely for one pro or con. But, with that said, I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the M2 so I can make the switch to BMW. I don't doubt that Audi will improve upon the S3 with the RS3, but I suspect it will be marginal.
It appears as though BMW will steal some marketshare from its competition with the M2 (I currently drive an Audi S4 myself). I hope they take that to heart and don't worry so much about cannibalizing M3/M4 sales as they go to finalize this model.
Appreciate 0