View Single Post
      03-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #17
IndyRed128i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 230I(Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinisahabit View Post
For what it's worth, I had a similar failure to my right tail light just last month which was replaced under warranty.

On my invoice, the following parts were fixed/replaced:
-Replace right bulb support and retrofit ground cable
-Repair cable tail lights
-Bulb socket, right
-Description: Replace right bulb support and retrofit ground cable (main work) as per SIB 630517 due to burnt connector

I even experienced the same thing as you where the tail-light worked briefly after the initial error messages, before failing again, so the issue was not the bulb. I even had the one dim bulb and the fast turn signal thing. Also it's a 2016 228i so essentially the same car as you.

I highly doubt the body work had anything to do with it, and sounds like an excuse to deny a warranty claim. I would suggest you go to the dealership and ask to speak to the GM and mention the SIB code above or try a different dealer.

Really appreciate the information. Mine also has one dim bulb and the fast signal, so it sounds like this may be a weak point with this year/model of car. I get that the body work is a "credible" excuse they can use, but especially since I'm not the only person to have this issue, it makes the body work theory even less plausible.

On a side note, immediately after denying the warranty on Saturday, the advisor was pushing me VERY hard to call my insurance company and make a claim saying, "they will take care of this, as well as anything else they find on your car"

Good thing I work in insurance and understand thats not how it works.
Appreciate 0