View Single Post
      08-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #76
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007
i suppose next year i could afford an m4 or something, but i just don't see it being worth that much more money.

i have a friend who is buying a yas marina f80 m3 in 2015 (when i plan on getting probably a m235). and he and i have been over this argument tons of times.

i could afford an m3, its not really a matter of if you could, but if its worth the money.
we make about the same money and i guess its all about priorities.

i'd almost assuredly get an automatic, and i know my friend is getting a DCT.

m235i which has DHP standard and a "free auto" transmission is $43k. an m3/m4 with DHP and DCT (i know its different, but its the "auto") is $68k. is the m3/m4 worth $25k, i guess it depends on if you want that $25k for other things. personally in LA i would guess it probably isn't unless you track your car a lot (which my friend i doubt will. but hey its a "real M"). I'd rather blow that $25k on rent, or vacations etc. my friend lives with his parents and never goes out. everyones got priorities, i'm sure we'll both be happy with our choices.
Your friend is a big baby with crappy priorities. He deserves to stay right where he is w/his rents.

No wonder he has few friends.

What a idiot !
Appreciate 0