Thread: 135i vs M235i
View Single Post
      03-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #14
tmpendergrass
Rep
Drives: BMW 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post
I'm assuming you are a younger male. Maybe in college. Lots of life in front of you, little experience behind you. If so, it is understandable how you would think you'd keep this car for a long time. But, let's look at reality. Would you want a 88 Camaro? Those were pretty bitchin in their time. I won't ask about an E30, cause yeah, we all would love a clean one . My point is, cars change rapidly. Technology is crazy fast. The 135 and 235 will likely be laughable in 10 years. Also, you might find u have a better job or your wife does. You have kids. That car won't matter as much then as it does now. I'd look more towards a nice ride now, putting cash away for later, than a bit better ride yet costing much more. You could get a CPOd 135 and have a long warranty period, plus let someone like me take the big depreciation hit when I drove it off the lot.
Yes I am college (aged) but I have a good job and don't take a dime from my parents so please don't hate I am test driving a CPO 135i with DCT next week. 25k for a 135i with a warranty is super temping but I really want a manual and those are nearly impossible to find on the 135i
Appreciate 0