View Single Post
      05-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #53
capt_and
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Looks like your pads were letting the rotors' heat get into your fluid, resulting in the spongy pedal. The brake duct kit you're going to install may make a noticeable difference in how long your pads hold up.

All pads give up sooner or later, each one in its own way. Hawk's HT10s, for example, begin to break up at 1/2 thickness and should be replaced at that time. At 18mm, the OEM pads' thickness isn't very great, which doesn't help.

Too bad the AP kit isn't out yet - one of those along with a brake duct kit would erase brakes from your list of things to be concerned about.
That was the 3rd weekend on those pads, they should've lasted a lot longer.
The guys at TTW aren't huge believers in BBKs but I am going to have them consider the Stoptech Trophy Rs up front. I think that with the cooling should definitely close the book on brakes, aside from the foot controlling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
That's going to be a nice addition to your current list of mods!

Just curious, do you have a M2 or on the way? Your info says "week 33 MY18 M2" so just wondering.
Oops, I had one on order last year and decided to go in a different direction. Totally forgot to change it.

Instagram: @Capt_and
Appreciate 0