Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e34m5
I'm always fascinated by the difference in the "eye of the beholder". I'm not putting down the OP, but when I looked at the cars side by side I had the opposite reaction to the styling.

The 2 seems bland and the 1 agressive. Seems that the designers wanted a car that was more mainstream in looks. The 1 IMHO made a "statement". Not look at me, but more of I'm different without excuses. One of the reasons I like it.

The 235 I drove belongs to the sales manager of the local dealer so I did drive it hard.

For those who did not have a 135 I think they will be very pleased with the 2. For some of us, there is just not enough "evolution" to warrant a change. Frankly compared to my 135 (modded of course) the 2 did not wow me so that I want to run out and buy one.

So, anyway, those our my musings.....that's all.
exactly how I feel. I've been a long time admirer of the E82 long before I got one a few months ago-----mainly because it looks like an angry, aggressive, classic bulldog planted coupe. Thought the 2er looks very soft in comparison if I'm honest. I hope they fix the looks for the M2.

That being said....I respect Dmboone's review. It seems fair and one of the better reviews I've read of the new car. He is also a two time 1er owner and he deserves the right to upgrade to the latest iteration!! thanks for your nice review sir! congrats on your new ride and enjoy it!
Appreciate 0