View Single Post
      05-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #305
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinweiss 335i View Post
I'm all for xDrive ///M cars. M2, M3, M4, M5, M6 ... why not! AWD is the future of performance. You can only put down so much power to 2 wheels, before the nannies kick in and kill the party.

As an option of course, not standard. Just like DCT/MT. Not all of us are drifting hooligans.
I don't see the M2 , M3 and M4 receiving xDrive. That is a whole different philosophy and it contrasts with the new direction on lightweight application.

The M5 G80? Well there is two garages one contains the new M5 embodying a new lightweight philosophy with Carbon load bearing structure and body panels.
The other garage has the same car but features the xDrive system and is slightly heavier... It all comes down to choice... Lightweight RWD or XDrive?

You cannot have both... And that will be the choice...RWD or XDrive. And possibly no manual.

It was interesting at Beijing to sit in a customer Q&A with BMW M. And the Chinese requesting the next M5 to be more harder than the current car in both character and design.