View Single Post
      11-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #36
Toxophilite
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 BMW m240i xDrive: ordered

For me it was fairly simple but hard to find. Here were my requirements:

Room in backseat for parents (tallest being 5 feet 4 inches)
Decent trunk space
AWD
6 cylinder boosted at maximum (was ok with 4 cyl and boosted) just for fun
Compact
Fun to drive
Comfortable for my fiancee as she has back pain sometimes on longer drives
Under 50k USD

Coming from an SLK350, I wanted something that handled like a go kart once again but something I could use year round. I looked at the audi s3, s4, rs3 and contemplated a used rs5. None of them really scratched the itch that the bmw did. The interior, while nice, was just not... me. I looked at the amg c43 coupe and sedan but I ran away after I saw the insurance rates for those. I looked at a used e63 amg but the fact that gas mileage was very poor (although a bit faster and, from what I hear, a blast to drive), insurance was still too high. I looked at other BMWs in the range as well such as the 435i coupe and gran coupe, 340i, 640xi, 650xi and a 550i but they all had a smiliar story... they felt like boats! I am small myself (5 foot 6) so having a giant car is not really a need for me. The funnest car to drive and the one that I wanted to test drive over and over again was the m240i so thats what I went with. It just passed ireland on its vessel and I should be getting it in a couple of weeks (I hope!)
Appreciate 1