View Single Post
      04-11-2024, 07:53 AM   #6
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460, Toyota Sequoia, B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickies View Post
This is probably the reason they went with LEDs with LCI.
When did the LCI occur? When I received the new replacement light, there was an additional wire attached to the light assembly. My car only has one wire/plug for the light assy so I just taped the extra wire/connector to the backside of the light assy. Anybody have any idea what the extra wire/connector is for? I ordered the replacement with yr/make/model plus the VIN. Everything else seems to match the stock light assy.

I'm kinda nervous about the driver side light assy now...I would like to seal it somehow before it starts leaking too...I practiced some using clear silicon chalk on the old PS light and it's messy..plus it doesn't look good because there is a small lip around some sections of the light assy and unless you can get the chalk to fill the gaps created by the lip evenly all the way around, it doesn't look right. I think I need something thinner (free-er flowing) like clear epoxy or something and apply it using a syringe...I'm looking into UV activated epoxy as a possible solution, otherwise, you'll have to sit and hold the light assy in position for hours waiting for it to cure and not run lol.
If anybody has any experience or suggestions, I'm all ears.

P.S. Sorry, I didn't bother to take a picture of the extra wire/connector.
Appreciate 0