11-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #44
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumac View Post
The point I made is that since we don't have pricing on an f series M3, inflation or not (which was correctly pointed out isn't a flat percentage) is that the 3 series and above have moved very upmarket for their top end models, which may explain the interest in the 2 series now; which was virtually absent for the 1 series.

But as is typical with people like you, making the absurd comparison of a car that was released 51 years ago somehow makes your statement valid. And by your math, a 335 today should cost ~$160,000 compared to a 2002.

Disagree all you want, but don't bring terrible math, and ridiculous comparisons to make your point.
See, the 3er is a steal! But let's not forget that your math (51 years since 1972) is also suspect and you also compared ED to MSRP pricing.

Actually, my interest in the 2er is the same as why I bought a 1er in 2008 over a 3er. The 3er is too big for what I personally prefer. The 1er sold quite well, even in it's last year selling at 6k+ units, it's still outselling the Z4 and X6 and roughly on par with the 6er and 7er.

If price alone were the only factor behind making the 2er appealing, the 320i and the X1 sDrive 28i (rolls right off the tongue) should be even more appealing.
Appreciate 0