View Single Post
      11-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #42
Alumac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prudently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Dear lord, 48.8*1.03 six times is $58,269. A flat 3% is simple inflationary growth. Yes, you can use the BLS data, but by backing up to 2007, you're gaining the negative impact of the 2008 collapse.

Regardless, the point is that folks comparing six year old pricing to current day pricing are forgetting inflation. If I bought a new 2002 for $3k, I wouldn't expect to find a 335i today for the same price.
The point I made is that since we don't have pricing on an f series M3, inflation or not (which was correctly pointed out isn't a flat percentage) is that the 3 series and above have moved very upmarket for their top end models, which may explain the interest in the 2 series now; which was virtually absent for the 1 series.

But as is typical with people like you, making the absurd comparison of a car that was released 51 years ago somehow makes your statement valid. And by your math, a 335 today should cost ~$160,000 compared to a 2002.

Disagree all you want, but don't bring terrible math, and ridiculous comparisons to make your point.
Appreciate 0