06-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #24
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Facelifts or LCi s commence when the car approaches mid life - the 1er despite new competitors and despite individual opinions from "enthusiasts" the car is still a strong seller, thanks to its uniqueness in that segment to offer RWD and for a lot of 1er customers that is preferred.

There has never been a BMW that has been hurriedly facelifted because of individual opinion. For many that state the E65 was quickly facelifted only has to investigate that's its facelift occurred in 2005 at its mid-life.
The 1er will be facelifted in 2014. Its mid life before changeover to new UKL matrix in 2017.
Scott, I am a BMW fan,however, here, on this forum, we are like in the family, we can wash the laundry, let's be honest (that includes you as well) this 1 series is one UGLY car. Please do not hide behind the bush, your explanation doesn't work for me, you are hurting our intelligence. Everywhere you read, people have the same opinion: this is one ugly car not to mention the design does not show the BMW look, if you take the badge off, you can call it a Daewoo.

Even if it would not sell, they will still refuse to admit the truth. The car sells because it is small, taxes in Europe are big, parking is a problem and the car still has the BMW ADN inside. But the truth beeing told, the people ACCEPTED the car, LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT, but very very few ( regardless I never heard one) bought the car because the look was ravashing. Comon, just look at it... What a failure.... I have few friends that own or lease the car in Europe, they all choose it for different reasons, but none because of the look.

It is not like X6 that some don't like and some love it.. BTW, I love X6...
If I will be in the BMW design team, I will fight for every product to be pure BMW that will show from every angle that it is a BMW. Other companies will die to own few design characteristics that BMW owns and that omits to add in its lately designs. They can be updated and used with great results.
Too bad, they can shine above almost evryone...

Last edited by Teutonic; 06-12-2013 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0