View Single Post
      03-22-2021, 10:21 PM   #78
celcoder
Rep
Drives: bmw

I was in a similar situation about a month ago choosing between OG M2 vs M2 COMP. I probably test drove both cars about 5 times before I decided to choose one over the other.

This is very subjective and I think previous replies pretty much covered most of the stuff you need to know about the pros and cons of both cars.

1. What is your budget?
I personally set a budget of around 50k. While it wasn't a hard budget, my preference was to save money if I can.
2. Is this your only car?
After driving both m2's, my takeaway was m2 comp's suspension setup was noticeably more forgiving on a rough road. While og m2 seat felt a bit more comfortable.
3. Steering wheel feel.
OG m2 steering wheel felt rougher when compared to m2 comp. Even on a sports + on m2 comp the feel of the steering wheel wasn't as rough as the og m2
4. Way it drives
You honestly can't go wrong with both cars. OG M2 felt rawer and visceral, while m2 comp felt like grown-up version of the og m2. M2 comp definitely felt more planted and compliant. It felt more like the modern BMW M car.
5. Interior
I think the m2 comp seats look great. Frankly, these seats should've been on the original m2.
6. Engine & sound
n55 vs s55 there are whole threads and videos about this. S55 more hp, more tunable etc, n55 compared to s55 weaker engine, but it sounds great.
7. Exterior
Pretty much similar, the grille is probably the biggest change from the LCI model.
8. Overall
While I drove m2 and m2 comp it didn't feel like the same car. And it really isn't. M2 comp to me was a superior car, but I ended up getting the M2 LCI because it was the right car for me. That engine and exhaust note and the raw feeling while driving the og m2 felt just right. My advice to you is to drive both cars and see which one puts more smile on your face.
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50