View Single Post
      04-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #14
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Joking aside, no wonder this car weighs close to 3600 lbs. They drop the easy to read oil temp gauge and replace it with an M235i logo, don't offer LSD in almost 50K sports coupe, they don't engineer real exhaust sound but use fake microphones and speakers, but they can add all the software and hardware to park it for you.

Doesn't anyone have any self-respect? Any pride in the ability to parallel park and to master your car? No one is embarrassed by fake/enhanced engine sound or being able to to park your car?

I remember reading Henry Miller talking about two hookers in Paris. There was the "princess" that thought she was special and high class hooker. Then there was the other hooker that was an honest hooker and better at her craft with no pretense. In this vain, I think the google autonomous vehicle is cool, because it is an honest hooker. It says, driving stinks and this car drives itself, with no pretense. A car with any sort of M badge that parks itself is hooker that thinks she is a princess.

C'mon guys have some self-respect, please.

Last edited by nachob; 04-28-2014 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0