View Single Post
      07-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #54
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

I will go into further detail later...

It is not an Aventador rival per se. But it stems from the strategy I talked about previously regarding BMW M and M-One and M-Two.
M-One was the larger sports car concept utilising the V8 or Six Cylinder and was aimed directly at the Mercedes-Benz SLSAMG/SLC? , Porsche 911 and Audi R8.
M-Two was the smaller proposed Cayman/Boxster competitor.

Both projects are being considered in light of BMW making greater use of the M-Sub brand. BMWi will feature BMWi Specific projects the i3 and i8 initially and they are not created from BMW's. BMW M is considered to be the division that brings out the higher peformance BMW's. But now BMW would like BMW M to stand on it's own two feet as well as BMWi and are considering two stand alone concepts developed and engineered under BMW M. Meaning there will be no accompanying BMW.
Pure M. Although we are still discussing and finding our feet to decide which one gets priority and how we can bring it to production and of course cost effectively.

To help fund these two cars , you will see the expansion of the M-brand and given that @ BMW the X5M and X6M are considered "Volume" sellers , BMW will open up the SAV market to accomodate the BMW X3M and the BMW X1M. Both expected to be volume sellers especially for those that want a high performance Compact or Mid-Sized SAV. Both BMW X3M and BMW X1M will launch the powerplants that will feature under the next generation BMW M3 and M2 models in Six cylinder and four cylinder respectively.