View Single Post
      10-30-2017, 11:44 PM   #19
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

A vendors response will always come off as biased, regardless of intentions. It's just a common filter for a good portion of people and understandable.

So I'll leave my speech and see if it hits home any different or not.

In our experience the complaints are minimal. I've literally less then a handful have issue with them.

Now there are a few ways to view it as a member on the board.

Maybe not all customers complain to the seller cause they know they didn't make the product?

Maybe the issue went away?

Maybe they sold it?

Of the issues that I can recall, we bounced the idea of getting a tune and that worked from what I recall. I don't recall it not working with us personally but then again maybe the didn't bother to tell us.

I have read other stories (about other intakes) of the intake producing a CEL and people had to unplug the MAF and all was good if they had a tune (like Jb4).

I can tell you this, if it was a problematic product, we wouldn't sell it. That goes for a few aspects of who we offer products for.

Availability of the product, reliability of the product, customer support for us as a dealer, price (of course) and a few others.

At the end of the day, forums or not, in this industry of modding cars there is always an inherent risk albeit really small if I would honestly say for the Injen being problematic for the consumer.

With the MAF on this car and it's sensitivity, I'd definitely recommend a tune if you do want the intake. You move that small risk even lesser. Also in the mod game, playing with mods and finding out how they tick is part of the fun. I've exchanged many exhausts on cars just for fun. Spent a few dollars, lost a few and gained few doing so. Bought a big cam for my vette and hated it. $3500 mistake altogether, it's part of the game and fun.

At the last of my rant, consider this example: "I love my straight piped XXX vehicle" but to 99% of us we think it sounds like garbage. One guy may read that and think wow I should try it. Does it, hates it. Forum info should be taken with a grain of salt is my point.

/rant

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 10-30-2017 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0