10-30-2017, 10:10 PM   #17
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak View Post
Mike@XPH has a point, I bought a bunch of stuff from him and he still tries to spike me here...lol.

These Bimmerpost forums are undoubtedly for-profit, run by sponsors, like him, paid for by them. So they have to suppress negative criticisms of the shit they sell, because they want to sell you all these fancy expensive mods so they can keep their 6 car garages, with their BMW X5M, BMW 650, M3, M4, i8, and maybe a 911 GT4 thrown in there.. Even if they have known problems that have been reported to them.

All his customers post reviews pretty much post-install within a day or so. Yes the intake sounds great on install! I will give him that, probably sounds better than any other 500+$ intake out there. If that's what your after, have at it.

I guarantee if you give most of them a chance to go back and edit them, they would tell you about the CELs, and maybe even the hesitation/delayed shifting issues. But most of them are driving these cars on public roads and not the track where shit get's tested...

Maybe some have a manual and not DCT where this might not be a problem. But the reality is true, and he showed it with his own reviews. The CEL is real regardless of your transmission, and you will get it. The JB4 will not help you here either. So you can trick the car by unplugging the MAF, but then this adds other problems. It's there for a reason right?

As i stated before the car malfunctions because of inaccurate MAF readings and it's more noticeable in the low/mid power band where the MAF is utilized, hard off/on the throttle. It's more noticeable when you are driving on a track, not commuting to work.
I've had the injen intake for a while. I've unplugged myaf and run my car ąt 2 hpde events without issue.

Sure an intake without cel would be great, but the route ive went has worked fine for me on both street and track.
Appreciate 0