View Single Post
      12-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #122
Jonjt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
It's okay that BMW wants to make money; it's needed to prosper. The problem is the direction taken by some guys in the marketing department.
They should use another brand name or badge for the FWD platform. In few years time, when one says "I'm driving BMW" the others are not going to think on a luxury vehicle.
Mercedes innovated the CLS (Coupe sedan) and BMW is now copying this into the 2 Gran Coupe, 4 Gran Coupe, 6 Gran Coupe,...
Where are the body forms of true sports cars? A sedan form with two doors is not a sports car (6er Coupe).

The new 5 series is practically as good as the 7 series.
The wife just got what the husband was driving.

over and out! it's late here in Europe I'm going to saw some wood in my bed
Indeed, indeed. I want them to make money, too. Because, I'm not even sure the M division actually makes money off of the cars they produce. The basal cars need to sell for the halo vehicles to be made.

I do agree that the marketing goons are pushing a lot of these changes but, I don't think they would ever go with another brand. I think they are trying to capitalize on the BMW appeal. Unfortunately, I think all these models, particularly the cheaper FWD models, are just going to dilute the BMW name. We'll see, I guess. (I think you are suggesting the same)

Cool man, I'm going to suggest my mother buy a 550xi, instead of the 7 she was going for. Nice!

Later!
Appreciate 0