01-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #9
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
That's bummer. But it sounds liker ordering dealership might not have had an allocation when you placed the order.

BMW of San Antonio had two M235i allocations when I approached them and started discussing ordering our BMW. As soon as I made the decision and went with them for the purchase, the Sales Manager I was dealing with submitted "our" allocation to BMW and immediately provided us a production number. That was on the 7th of January. My wife (whom I bought the car for) finalized the options she liked that following Monday. By week's end, we had confirmation that BMW had accepted and is processing our production. A Client Advisor was also assigned to follow-up with BMW and keep us abreast. So far, it's been really good and I credit the our ordering dealership for that.

It should be seamless.
Thanks for the info. My experience has been the antithesis of yours.

Ordered: Jan 5
Got production number: Jan 8
Got an update from the dealer: Never, not without me bugging them

Anyway, my experience with car dealers has never been a positive one, and this one is no different. They're nice to you till the moment you put your signature on the paper. After that, they couldn't care less.

This just in from my CA - "I let you slip through the cracks. I know I have really dropped the ball throughout this entire transaction and I hope you can forgive us and allow us keep your business. "