10-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #157
jackmcclane
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Hey guys,
I don't want to read only here any longer so:
(please excuse my english, I speak german but I'll do my best )

Since there are many of you were worried about the 2 series LSD and the M2 on the last pages I wanna try to help with my thoughts about it:

Wasn't there a news for the 4 series, in which BMW announced a LSD for the 4 series through the BMW Performance program and another one where the mentioned a LSD for the BMW 2 series too?!
So I'm sure the LSD for the BMW 2 series (I believe the same for the 1 series) will definitely come through the BMW Performance Program.

And when you think logical, there will be an M2:
- the customers and the press loved the 1M Coupé
- BMW were thinking of an entry level M car in the E8X Era, made it finally and then sold it easily so it was a win (why should they stop that now? just because the M235i is very fast/good?)
- there is room for an M2 between the M3/4 and the M235i at performance side and even more room when you think of the prices from M235i and M3
- they developed the S55 engine out of the N55 and this engine would be perfect for the M2 when detuned a little bit so they can save costs (developing the N20? engine into a m-like one would be much more expensive and I think a 4-cylinder would be more accepted from the enthusiasts when it comes with massive light-weight-modifications like a carbon-fiber-chassis -which I think will not come until the next generation)

So what we can do now is waiting or reduce the time by buying a regular 2 series model. If you want an M2 or a M2 Gran Coupé (which I'm waiting for), ask your dealer for it or BMWs customer service. If enough people are interessted for an M2 and (hopefully) an M2 Gran Coupé then they have to build it if they wanna make money and don't want to loose customers to Mercedes/Audi/etc..

PS: Thanks Scott for so many information you share with us.

(Personally I'm waiting anxiously since a long time ago for a car like the M2 Gran Coupé - and I'm not going to sell it after I can put my fingers on one, I'm not looking for a 3-year-leasing-car.
I6, MT, RWD and an LSD is a must. I hope the ridiculous ASD can be deactivated. >.<)

Last edited by jackmcclane; 10-09-2013 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0