First Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalM240i View Post
I don't have it yet mate. Sadly it has stuck in my friends paint shop (but all over my country haha). They had few problems with the base paint code so had to had to put a kit all over it and than paint it. It will be painted on the sides in body color (mineral white) and center in black. And should have it later next week, hopefully.
Fitment wasn't bad at all when I tried it after it arrived.
My car is MW too, I'd be going for the exact same combo...unless I get the Carbon model and just paint the ends. I don't know what you mean by a "kit". Did the paint not match or did it not stick to the plastic? I am afraid of trying to match MW. I have a small ding in my bumper so it is a good excuse to have both pieces painted together.
Good luck on your paint job!
By the "kit" I mean sort of base code that is used you have deep scratches on the surface or the base code from factory is a bit crap. And that was the case.. When ever they tried to put the filling spray it made a weird bubbles and dots. So if you gat the FRP one, have it kitted first not to waste your time.
Actually a friend of mine ordered a carbon fiber one. He is in this topic too - "Tamim3". I think he hasn't received yet.
I have gone with plastic because I will be putting ///M carbon fiber exhaust tips on and that would be too much carbon for me .
My car is 3 months old so the paint is "brand new". It should be problem for them to match the paint. But yeah, MW are pain in the ass. Father had it on Z4 and after 1,5 he wasn't able to get perfectly matched rear spoiler.
Appreciate 0