04-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #39
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
I think I change the temperature in my car twice a year, to 68 in the winter and to 70 in the summer. I'm good with needing to turn an extra knob two clicks twice a year.

What I really miss in the new cars is the "REST" button.
There is an ancient Aztec saying that goes something like this: To understand a person, try walking up the Pyramid in their guaraches. (Sandals).

I'm happy you only have to change it twice a year. In California it is regularly 80-90 in the daytime and drops to 45-65 degrees in the evening. If you start driving from the coast inland, the temperature goes up 10 degrees in about 10 miles of distance which means that you start out without AC on the coast with the temp set to 65 degrees in car so it doesn't heat up the car, then as you drive inland or temp goes up, you turn AC on but now you set it to 72-74 so you don't freeze.

So seeing as California is a huge market for BMWs, the feature to sync was already there, it's just a simple thing, there is not force field separating the air from the drivers and passenger side, etc. It passes my test as stupid for them to take it away. If you had two capsules for driver and passenger and adjusted both, maybe it would make some sense but with all the BS gadget fluff features that new BMWs introduce, it makes no sense that they complicate a basic comfort feature as making it easy to adjust the cabin temp. They have complicated it, especially in a car where it is mostly driven with one person.

I hope that helps explain why some of us do think it's lame.
Appreciate 0