brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Xdrive MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by haffl View Post
To all,

I'm finally back in the drivers seat of a proper BMW. I recently purchased a White M235xi with black dakota leather, Nav, Harmon Kardon sound system (360 watt version), sunroof, winter package (heated seats and steering wheel) riding on all-season run flat Pirelli's. This car also provides BMW assist which I find comforting when I go skiing out of state. The only dealer optioned I purchased was an extended warranty for a total of 5 years or 100K miles whichever occurs first. $48K + $2900 ext warranty + dealer fees and taxes.

This car is my daily driver which involves a 90 mile roundtrip commute (mostly highway). No plans to have 2 sets of wheels (space is limited) but I'm definitely purchasing some "non" runflat Bridgestone Pole Position tires once the factory tires are at or near the end of their treadlife.

I've previously owned the following cars: used 2001 330ci, new 2008 MK5 VW GTI APR Stage 2+ with Koni suspension and H&R sways, used 2009 335i coupe/Dinan stage II s/w, CAI and stage I suspension and a new 2011 VW GTI w/manual.

Of all my cars I cherised the Dinan tuned 335i and APR tuned MK5 GTI the most. The M235xi blows them away IMO for the following reasons:
-this car looks stunning in white from all angles (except the rear...not a fan of the tail lights)
-The sport and sport + settings are incredible. Changes the stiffness in the M adaptive suspension, steering and throttle response. It feels faster than my Dinan 335i.
-The sport seats with side electric bolstering puts a smile on my face every single day. I've never experienced such comfort and performance.
-The handlng is amazing. I haven't driven like "speed racer" yet but I've been down some back country roads and it sticks like glue. Confidence inspiring to say the least.
-I love cabin tech. Never owned a BMW with iDrive before. So easy to use and addictive (like the iphone). The 8.5" monitor provides top notch graphics.
-Web radio comes with the Nav package. It is 10X better than satellite radio IMO. The only thing I miss is my Howard Stern in the morning.
-Even though it's a base model Kardon stereo it's still very impressisve. The bass speakers are under the front seats...what a nice touch!

I plan to keep this car 5+ years (knock on wood) so no plans for a s/w tune although it's tempting. I prefer Dinan due to the warranty protection and more conservative approach to tuning. For those who haven't experienced a Dinan suspension I'd highly recommend it if your not happy with your current set up. Absorbs the bumps without punishing the driver and no slop in the turns however the M235xi suspension feels better IMO.

Happy motoring!

Lee
Lee-agreed on all counts. I have only had the car a few days, still working on the perfect seating adjustment. Have not had a chance to set up the Connected Drive, or setup Sat radio even. I have to go into the garage to let our dogs outside, it gives me some alone time with the car. The proportions are awesome and it feels bigger than it looks from the outside, coming from a 3 GT I was a little concerned about that.
Appreciate 0