View Single Post
      06-23-2017, 08:39 AM   #9
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58togo View Post
This is my first white car in 21 years, and I now realize my memory must be f'd, because white cars are not as easy to keep clean as I remember. I owned black vehicles for 19.5 out of the last 21 years and although they show swirls/light scratches more than white, bugs and other foreign matter are more pronounced on white cars. For example, I stopped and cleaned my windshield tonight at the gas station, and they had what appeared to be full concentration washer fluid in the cleaning reservoir. Well after cleaning with the squeegee thing, there were bright blue spots on my front fenders from the run off. This would not have been noticeable on a black car. Oh well.
I know the feeling.. I've been getting black or similar dark colored cars because I hate washing and bug guts were rarely seen ... unless you were looking. Like you, I hadn't had a white care for decades and now I know why.

I think this will be my last white car... I'm tired of washing this thing two or more times a week... I've gotta figure something out because the power washer doesn't seem to be cutting it.