View Single Post
      03-17-2015, 02:56 AM   #11
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
So, I guess, for people like me, who hate negotiating, CarMax will always be the better option than going to a dealership. Dealerships are like my Cigna health insurance ... they always respond with "No".
I feel you on this. I hate negotiating myself. It's a time value proposition. Is your time worth the extra money you may or may not be able to squeeze out of your trade?

Time wise, it took me days to get the deal I received over the course of a month. Wasn't easy or fun. Had to go to Carmax and about five dealerships to get my trade in value. Had offers from $16.5k to $20k from dealerships and Carmax offered $17k. The difficult part was convincing the dealership I was trading my vehicle into, to give me the trade value the other dealership was offering.

Overall, I agree. I like Carmax and I sold a vehicle to them a couple of years ago when I moved. The value was higher than I expected by about 500 to $1,000, but less than what I truly wanted by about $1,000. I thought they would fleece me, but they gave me a respectable offer.
Appreciate 0